How to Get Rid of Dwm.exe from your Personal Computer
It is a Strange Process which eats up a lot of the memory of your Computer. It operates from the Task manager of PC It destabilizes your System and you are not able to download any more files on your computer.
Some of the Properties are as Follows:
- It eats a lot of the memory of your computer. Most of the users view it as a suspicious entity but it is not any malicious Program. So, you don’t to worry for it unless it begins to cause hurdles in the smooth functioning of your computer.
- You can find it on Windows 7, Windows Vista and some more Microsoft Windows.
- It is actually part of the desktop graphical interface. Its role is to enable the Aero Graphical interface and the visual theme.
- It creates Graphical effect ‘live window previews’. It also creates glass-like frame around the Windows.
- Since it visuals Windows Previews and hence it consumes enough memory of your system.
- It may also happen that some other malicious program may be present on your computer disguised as Dwm.exe. So check its location in your computer. If it is C:\Windows\System32 folder, then remove it from computer
How Dwm.exe reaches to your computer interface?
In maximum of the cases, Dwm.exe throngs your computer interface along with the Operating System. This type of Dwm.exe is not generally considered harmful.
The Harmful one may be the one which is present on your computer under the name Dwm.exe but is actually a malicious program. It could be any Potentially Unwanted Program like Browser hijacker, worm, virus or Trojan etc.
It enters into your computer very stealthily and the user does not even gets a blink of it. To get rid of it, you should scan your System with some powerful Anti-malware.
This fake Dwm.exe may be hidden in the setup of a Freeware. When you download this Freeware, it also makes entry into computer. So you should never ever install any Software package without proper verification. And prefer to install software from Official and authentic sites only.
How to distinguish between Dwm.exe processes is a Genuine or Fake file Present on your computer?
There are several ways to distinguish between Genuine and a Fake Dwm.exe processes. Some of the ways are as follows
- If the file is Present in a subfolder of the Profile folder of user, then there are 70% chances that the file is fake. You should know that the size of Dwm.exe is 172,032 bytes and there are more than 80 variants of this file present on internet. There is no file description or a visible window because it is not a basic Windows file. The task of this file is to send data to LAN via open ports or directly through internet. It also monitors the Applications installed on your Computer Windows.
- On the other hand if the location of the file is C:\Program Files sub folder, then the possibility of it being a virus is 52%. Then the file size mounts to about 137,216 bytes with 24 variants.
- If the location is tracked to C:\Windows subfolder, then the rating climbs to 68% with 5 more variants.
- If its location is tracked down to Windows folder for the Temporary files, then the security rating settles as 64% dangerous. The moment you suspect something fishy about DWM process, never stop from scanning your PC with some Powerful Anti-malware program and get rid of it from your device.
Adware Dwm.exe Redirect Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to remove Dwm.exe process from your computer?
You can remove Dwm.exe process from the PC manually or with the help of an Anti-Malware.
If the above method fails to remove Dwm.exe process from the computer, then you should try an Anti-Malware to remove it. The Procedure to remove Dwm.exe process from computer via Automatic Method is as Follows.
- First of all you will have to download and install a powerful Antimalware on your computer. We suggest you to select Malwarebytes.com. Because it is currently the most effective Anti-malware of all.
- Then click on its icon to start a scan
- Once it finishes scan it will show you the list of existing threats to your computer
- Select the one you want to remove from your computer and then click on uninstall.
- After removing it successfully, you can choose to rescan your device to get rid of the remaining traces of Dwm.exe process.
- This is all you need to do to remove this Process completely from your system.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove Dwm.exe redirect adware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Dwm.exe Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
To end Dwm.exe process on your PC, adapt the following Procedure
- Tap on Start button and look for Start Search box.
- Type your services and then click on the Services link.
- The Service Window will show up, double click on the Windows Manager.
- Then Tap on Stop to deactivate service