How to Uproot and throw YTDownloader out from your Computer
YTDownloader is a genuine browser plug-in that finds its place in Adware category. Its developers project it as a program to download videos from the internet source YouTube to watch them offline. But in reality, it’s a potentially unwanted Program (PUP) which causes numerous undesirable changes in the system which render your computer literally useless.
Yes, it is true that this Program enables you to download YouTube videos on your Phone, Tablet or Computer. But it can bring many unwanted changes to your internet browsers.
It may try to lure you by offering coupons, discounts and Price comparisons etc. But the motive behind these offers could be to trick you into redirecting you to unknown dangerous websites.
Moreover, you will see a lot of executables like ytdownloader.exe in your device task manager associated with YTDownloader browser ad-on.
Another questionable activity it does is that it starts tracking the browsing habit of user and gathers info to share it with third parties.
The third party could be even a hacker who can use this non-personally identified info to steal money from your bank accounts. They can use it to leak your Private information just with the intention to blackmail them.
The irony is the software does not seek your consent for any of the tasks it does on your computer.
The best way to prevent its unpleasant effects is just to uproot it from computer as soon as possible.
How YT Downloader ends up on your computer?
Since YT Downloader has been always projected in a positive light, so most of the computer users download it intentionally on their device operating system.
Those internet users who show reluctance to download YT Downloader on their computer are fed this Program in a deceptive way. The developers of this Downloader bundle it with the setup of some popular Freeware.
When a user goes to download that Freeware, this Program also deposits on the operating system of his/her computer.
Once it lands on device operating system, it wreaks havoc on it. It meddles with the Apps, software, .dll files and documents stored in the device.
Is it possible to block entry of YT Downloader into your computer?
You can check its entry into your device unless you don’t install it intentionally on your computer. Some of the simple ways to block entry of YT Downloader into your computer are as follows.
- Whenever you will have to download a Freeware on your computer, you should monitor its Process of installation closely. This you can do by selecting Custom/ Advanced downloading in Installation Wizard. You can spot and deselect a doubtful program in installation wizard.
- Moreover, scan your browsers regularly for doubtful check marks like add-ons, toolbars and extensions etc.
- It may show some stubbornness when you try to uninstall it. Scan your computer with some powerful security software that will uproot it from its base and throw it out from your computer.
- Always keep the security cover of your device updated because it attacks mostly vulnerable systems.
How to uproot and throw YTDownloader out from your computer?
If you suspect that YTDownloader may have already reached to your computer, then you should gear up for its elimination as quickly as possible. If you will allow it to settle down on your computer, it will become stubborn with the time and eventually it will become difficult for you to get rid of it from computer.
You have two main methods to remove YTDownloader out from your computer. One is Automatic and the other is Manual.
The automatic method involves the use of a powerful antimalware to remove YTDownloader from your device. While as manual method means to remove it from Windows and browsers one by one without the use of a software. Let u discuss these two methods in detail here.
Adware YTDownloader Redirect Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
- First of all, you will have to download a Power antimalware from the internet.
- Then install that on your device and click on its shortcut icon
- Now click on Scan now and the tool will carry out a thorough scan of your computer.
- Once it finishes the scan, it will show you the threats that it has been able to detect.
- Now right click on the threats one by one and select uninstall to remove them from computer
- If possible, scan your computer once more, it will eliminate further traces of this program from your device.
- Your computer should be now freed from YTDownloader.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove YTDownloader redirect adware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – YTDownloader Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
If you are still in doubt that the program may resurface, then for your satisfaction, carry out a manual procedure as well. The steps are as given below
Step No 1:
From Windows 7/8/10/8.1/ Vista/XP
- First of all, you will have to start your System and then visit to its control panel
- In the control panel, choose Programs and Features and click on Add/ Remove Programs
- On the other hand, Windows 8 and 10 users need to select Uninstall a Program in Control Panel.
- Identify suspicious entries including YTDownloader.
- Right click on them one by one and select uninstall.
- Tap OK to validate changes.
Step No 2:
Uninstall YTDownloader from MAC
- Select Applications and tap ‘Go’ in it
- Identify the Program and other doubtful entries
- Right click and choose Move to Trash
- That is all you are required to do.
How to uproot and throw YTDownloader out from your computer browsers?
For Internet Explorer:
- First of all start your browser
- And, choose Manage Add-ons in Menu
- In the new window, search YTDownloader and other plugins.
- Right click on the entries one by one and click disable.
- Now reset your browser if it has changed Homepage and search engine of it.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove YTDownloader from your browser.
Reset Internet explorer
- Go to Menu and choose Internet Options
- In the General Tab, search for Malicious URL and delete it.
- Then choose a domain name
- Select Reset
- Confirm the option in the Window
- Click on Apply to validate changes
For Mozilla Firefox
- First of all click on Mozilla Firefox and go its Menu.
- In the Menu, choose ‘Add-ons’
- And then choose YTDownloader
- Click on Remove to delete it.
- Now Tap on the ‘Reset Firefox’ many times to reset your browser.
For Google Chrome
- Delete malicious plugins
- Then Open chrome and go to Menu and choose Extensions in Tools
- Select Malicious entries including YTDownloader
- Right click on the entries one by one and move them to Trash bin
- Then Go to browser menu for once more and select settings.
- In search section select Manage Search engines.
- Eliminate malicious search sites and leave only your preferred domain name or Google.
- Tap on X to eliminate malicious URLs.
- Then click on Reset Google Chrome
- Click on Reset for once more to finish the resetting.