How to get rid of Driver Restore PUP from the computer of Victim
Despite belonging to System Tool Category, Driver Restore is categorized as PUP by computer software engineers around the world. They suggest you to stay away from it if you have to update your drivers.Most times Antimalware and Spyware which you use on your screen considers it as a threat and hence removes it from computer.
Driver Store PUP- adverse impacts
Though Driver System itself is not any malicious product but it may cause several issues to PC. Some of the issues it causes are as follows
- It takes a toll on the health of your computer. It makes your computer lazy. The performance of the computer degrades.
- It scans your computer and shows fake results. It carries out scans just to make you panic and you agree to purchase its full version.
- Even if you will buy its licensed version from its Official Site, that is not going you any purpose, because that too is unreliable and powerless software.
- The Company that develops Driver Restore has already been held responsible for creating suspicious Programs like SuperFast PC and System Optimizer Pro. Both these programs have been labelled as PUP.
- Driver Restore has a tendency to hijack Internet browsers, alter their settings and track your browsing history.
- It injects tons of pop up ads with the web pages you visit on internet. A click on pop up ad may redirect you to unknown websites. Here you get exposed to all kinds of Promotional content.
- Since it has a tendency to alter the homepage and search engine of your web browsers, it can expose you and your children to Pornographic content. This can put you in an embarrassing situation.
Driver Restore PUP (potentially unwanted program) is Popular in these days. If you can not deal with this on your own,
>> Click Here to Download MalwareBytes – Driver Restore PUP Removal Tool <<
How it lands on the Operating System of your PC?
There are many ways and techniques via which it makes way into your computer. Some of the techniques it uses to enter into your computer are as follows
- Since it is promoted as a useful Application by its developers, so people get mislead and download it on their Computer just with the purpose to update their drivers. You should keep it in mind that this is just a cheap trick and nothing else.
- The Program at times offers you free versions so that you can try it on your Computer and eventually decide to purchase it. Our suggestion is you should not buy it because the previous experiences say this is not any so useful software.
- It may also install on your Computer when you click on a malicious pop up ad or link.
- The most common distribution technique it employs is Bundling. Bundling means hiding its content in the folder of a Software. So that when the users installs that software, this Program also drops on his/ her Computer. And begins its operations for vicious reasons.
- Some other sources of its infection are Spam emails, Infected External Media devices, Peer to Peer file sharing apps and malicious websites
- The Trojans and viruses infected computers are more susceptible to Driver Tool infection.
Driver Restore PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) Removal Guide
If PUP (potentially unwanted program) has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to get rid of Driver restore from your infected computer?
It is possible to prevent Driver Restore from infecting your computer. You just need to know about the techniques it uses to penetrate into your Computer. But if the PUP has already made entry into your computer. And there are visible symptoms of it on your Device, then you need to remove it immediately from your Computer. Now the question is how to remove it completely from your Computer. There are two methods to remove it from your computer.The methods along with the description are as given below
Automatic Removal Method
In this method, you make use of an Antimalware to remove Driver Store PUP from the infected computer. The step by step procedure is as given below
- The Primary requisite is an Antimalware. If you have not any antimalware on your computer, then download and install it first.
- After installing an Antimalware on your Computer, then you will start a scan of your computer.
- Once the scan finishes, it shows you the threats that exist to your Computer. And it has been able to detect them.
- Then it gives you a choice to scrutinize the list and select threats, right click and then click on Uninstall.
- After removing threats, you can exit the session or start one more scan. This is just to ensure no traces of this Program are left back in the computer.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove software manually.
To remove Driver Restore PUP software, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Driver Restore PUP Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
If the above methods fails to deliver on the expected lines or the Antimalware is not available to user then he/she can get rid of the Driver manually. It is called manual method of Malware removal. The Complete procedure is as given below.
From Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ Vista and XP Control Panel
For Windows 7/8/ 10/ 8.1
1. Visit control panel
2. And choose Programs and features and XP users Add/Remove Programs
3. At the same time Windows 8/10 users need to tap Uninstall a Program
4. And look for Driver Restore
5. Then click on Uninstall and Tap on OK.
How to remove Driver Restore PUP from computer browser shortcuts?
Mozilla Firefox/ IE/ Chromes shortcuts
- Right click on the Mozilla shortcut and then tap on Properties.
- Now go to shortcut tab and identify Malicious URL.
- Then Delete this URL from shortcut tab.
- Apply the same procedure for other browser shortcuts.
- And then remove it from Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu.
- Tap on IE icon and go to Menu
- And, choose Manage add-ons
- In the Manage Add-ons Window look for Driver Restore plugin
- Click disable to remove it.
- And choose ‘Internet Options’ in the General tab.
- Eliminate URL and replace it with your favorite domain name
- Tap Apply to apply the changes.
- Then visit Menu again to reset browser.
- Tap Internet Options and choose Reset in the Advanced tab
- Check option Delete personal settings and tap Reset to complete the removal process.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that Driver Restore PUP Remove from your browser.
1. Visit Chrome Menu and select Extensions
2. Search Driver restore and move it to Trash.
3. Now reset your Google Chrome Homepage and the search engine.
4. Visit Menu and select the Settings.
5. Tap Set pages and remove malicious search sites
6. Then enter the name of your favorite domain and select it as Homepage
7. Then apply the same Procedure for your search engine.