What is .abc file
The .abc file is a variant of notorious Ransomware family TeslaCrypt. It is basically a file extension that locks your computer and demands ransom in lieu of opening it.
It begins its operation instantly after attacking a System. And its first task is to look for the most important files of the user. And once it is able to find the favorite files from the user, it encrypts them using algorithm RSA 2048 encryption algorithm.
You can easily identify the files encrypted by .abc Ransomware. It appends extensions like .abc, .aaa, .zzz, and .xyz to the encrypted files. And if you find any of the file extensions on your computer, then you should mean it that .abc ransomware has attacked your computer.
Moreover it may also drop Restore_files.txt file on the desktop of your Computer that tells you about recovery of files.
Then the ransomware asks the victim to pay ransom, otherwise it will destroy their data. The ransom, it asks the victim to pay amounts to 0.7 BTC which is equal to $300.
Should victim pay ransom to the attacker?
There is no guarantee that after paying ransom, the attackers will unlock your system and decrypt your data back to original form. And after paying ransom, they can again blackmail the victim to pay more ransom. So the best solution to get rid of this problem is to find ways to get rid of the ransomware from the computer.
.abc File Extension Ransomware Popular these days. If you can not deal with this on your own,
>> Click Here to Download MalwareBytes – .abc File Extension Ransomware Virus Removal Tool <<
How to prevent .abc ransomware from attacking your computer?
The .abc ransomware generally attacks computers of businessmen, politicians and celebrities, etc. But that does not mean you are safe. Sometimes it makes random attacks and the victim could be you as well. So you should never forget to create backup of your computer files. If you create a backup of your data, then you can restore it anytime. So makes copies of your computer files and store them in your dropbox or on a portable hard drive.
And do not forget to keep the security cover of your computer updated to prevent malware infiltration. Further install a strong firewall to protect your browsers and to ensure safe and secure browsing.
And if you feel the ransomware has attacked your computer, uninstall, and remove it immediately from the computer. Disconnect your internet connection and scan your computer with a reliable malware. Look for the ransomware and eliminate it from the computer.
.abc File Extension Ransomware Virus Removal Guide:
If Ransomware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How .abc ransomware attacks a Computer?
The distribution mechanism of the .abc ransomware depends on the following ways and methods
1. The most common method is bundling. Bundling means hiding the setup of your product in the setup file of a popular free software. And then waiting for the computer user to install it on his/her computer. And once the user installs this software on his/her computer, the ransomware also drops on the computer at the same time.
2. The .abc ransomware may also enter your pc from a malicious website or link
3. It is also distributed via spam email and social media links.
4. The Trojans and viruses already present in a computer can also bring this ransomware to your computer.
5. It can also spread via infected external media devices and peer to peer sharing Apps.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove ransomware manually.
To remove .abc File Extension Ransomware , you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – .abc File Extension Ransomware Virus Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
How to get rid of .abc Ransomware from the infected Computer?
1. First of all install an Antimalware
2. Then click on Scan Now to start scan
3. And the scan will take some time. Once it concludes scan, then it will show you a list of threats.
4. Now Select and click “Remove Selected”
5. Then Malwarebytes can start computer reboot, allow it to do so. It is useful for getting rid of the remaining threats from the computer.
From Windows Control Panel
The procedure to remove .abc Ransomware from the Control Panel of the computer is as follows
1. Start your PC
2. Then Go to control panel
3. Click “Uninstall a program”.
4. It will show you a list of recently installed programs.
5. Choose and remove .abc Encrypted files
How to remove .abc Encrypted from browsers and Reset browser settings?
The browser hijacker may have not removed .abc completely from the system. To get rid of its components from web browsers, you will have to reset your Internet browsers to default settings
1. Run Firefox
2. Visit Menu >> Tools Menu
3. Click Help button
4. In Firefox settings, choose menu
5. Select “Troubleshooting Information”
6. Click on “Refresh Firefox”
7. Confirm the “Refresh Firefox” option in the dialog box
8. Once it completes the troubleshooting process, click on the Finish button.
For Internet Explorer
1. Run internet Explorer browser
2. Then click on internet explorer tools menu
3. And tap “Internet Options”
4. Choose the Advanced tab in “Internet Options”
5. Then click on Reset button
6. Select “Delete personal settings” and click Reset button.
7. Restart computer to apply the changes
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove .abc File Extension Ransomware Virus from your browser.
For Google Chrome
The Chrome browser has an option that resets its default settings. Resetting is important for mending the alternations made by the malware to the browsers.
1. Visit Google Chrome Menu
2. Select Settings
3. It will open a new Window or tab
4. Click on Show advanced settings
5. Then Click on Reset browser settings
6. Click on the Reset button in the confirmation box to continue reset process.
7. It should remove .abc Ransomware and the files attached to it from your computer.