How to get rid of CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware from the infected PC
This post is important for people who want to protect their device from dangerous CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware.
CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware
If CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware attacks your Computer, it will lock your device and then demand ransom. After paying Ransom, there is no guaranty that attackers will unlock your device. They may further blackmail you to mint more money. So you should know how to remove this Ransomware completely from your computer.
CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware and the dangers it poses to your Computer
Some of the dangers CryptoWall 3.0 poses to the privacy of you and your device are as follows:
- It has a very strong tendency to block your documents and files just with the intention to blackmail you for money.
- If you will not pay ransom within the stipulated time period, it threatens you to leak your confidential data. It also threatens to destroy your Computer data.
- It encrypts the whole data present on your computer. Some of the data you may be able to decrypt with the help of decoding tools. But some data will be locked permanently. Because you will not have decrypting tool to unlock this data present in your computer.
- It can sell your Private, Confidential and sensitive data to hackers. The latter can misuse your data for its any vicious purposes.
How CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware breaks into your System?
CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware breaks into your System via different distribution techniques. Some of those techniques are as given below
1. The link may be sent to you attached to a spam email. When you click on this link, the ransomware breaks into your device silently. So you should know the tricks to distinguish between a genuine and a spam email.
2. Sometimes its setup may be hidden in the folder of a freeware. And when you install this freeware, the ransomware also drops on your computer Windows.
3. It may hide in an external device. And when you connect this device to a computer, the ransomware may travel into it.
4. It may also travel from one computer to another through peer to peer sharing Applications.
5. Sometimes the Trojans and viruses present on your computer may also harbor CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware. So you should keep the security cover of your device updated. And don’t allow the Trojans and viruses to stay on your computer. Scan your computer regularly for viruses and Trojans and install a strong firewall on your device.
How CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware finds data on your computer and then encrypts it?
Once this ransomware breaks into your computer, first of all it scans your device for finding file extensions like docx, 3fr, bay, cdr, cr2, pdd, srw, wps amd pef etc. Once it finds these extensions, then it begins to encrypt the data on your computer.
It makes use of encryption algorithm AES CBC 256-bit to encrypt your data. If you will get this product, then it will be easy for you to decrypt the encrypted data. You can say it is a key to decrypt your data back to its original state.Once it finishes encryption, then it flashes a warning message on the screen of the victim with the instruction how she/he can unblock the files. Then it forces user into downloading into Tor web browser. Once the victim visits this browser, he is told to pay $500 as Ransom within a week. If he/she fails to meet the deadline, then the attacker doubles this amount.
Further, it tells victim that it damage the data permanently incase its demand was not fulfilled immediately.
How to get rid of CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware from the infected PC?
Our suggestion to all the victims of this Ransomware is that they should not pay ransom. Instead, try to get rid of CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware from the infected PC. The attacker will unlock your device after paying Ransom, there is no guarantee of it.
CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware Virus Removal Guide
If Ransomware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Scan your PC with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
The complete procedure is as given below
1. First of all install an Antimalware
2. Then click on Scan Now to start scan
3. And the scan will take some time. Once it concludes scan, then it will show you a list of threats.
4. Now choose and click “Remove Selected”
5. Then Malwarebytes can start computer reboot, allow it to do so. It is useful for getting rid of the remaining threats from the computer.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove ransomware manually.
To remove CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware , you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware Virus Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
From Windows Control Panel
The procedure to remove CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware from the Control Panel of the computer is as follows
1. Start your PC
2. Then Go to control panel
3. Click “Uninstall a program”.
4. It will show you list of recently installed programs.
5. Choose and remove CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware Encrypted files
How to Remove CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware from browsers and Reset browser settings?
The antimalware may have not been able to remove CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware completely from the system. To get rid of its components from web browsers, you will have to reset your Internet browsers settings to default.
1. Run Firefox
2. Visit Menu >> Tools Menu
3. Click Help button
4. In Firefox settings, choose menu
5. Select “Troubleshooting Information”
6. Click on “Refresh Firefox”
7. Confirm the “Refresh Firefox” option in dialog box
8. Once it completes troubleshooting process, click on Finish button.
For Internet Explorer
1. Run internet Explorer browser
2. Click on internet explorer tools menu
3. Tap “Internet Options”
4. Choose the Advanced tab in “Internet Options”
5. Click on Reset button
6. Select “Delete personal settings” and click Reset button.
7. Restart computer to apply the changes
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware Virus from your browser.
For Google Chrome
The Chrome browser has option that resets its default settings. Resetting is important for mending the alternations made by the malware to the browsers.
1. Visit Google Chrome Menu
2. Then Select Settings
3. It will open a new Window or tab
4. Click on Show advanced settings
5. Then Click on Reset browser settings
6. Click on Reset button in confirmation box to continue reset process.
7. It should remove CryptoWall 3.0 Ransomware and the files linked to it from your computer.
8. Apply more or less same procedure for IE and Firefox