How to Remove FBI Virus from Computer
This article is going to tell you all the details about how to remove FBI virus from computer? Not only this, but you will also get many essential information about FBI virus.
Some of the versions of FBI virus:
- Firstly, FBI Moneypak
- Secondly, FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus
- Thirdly, FBI Virus Black Screen
- FBI Online Agent
- FBI Cybercrime Division virus
- Next, FBI PayPal virus
- FBI Department OF defense virus
- White Screen FBI virus
- FBI Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section virus
- FBI System Failure Virus
This malware count as a ransomware. It initially blocks all the activities of your computer. Then, it starts to show messages, warns you that your computer has used on any illegal activity. And, involved to access some prohibited actions. In order to provide you a clean cheat to you from this issues. And, get rid from this issue not let you go to behind the bars. In addition, to do all these things it will ask you for some amount of money in a way to pay penalty. And, only after paying your penalty you would acquire your system access.
It was initially spread in US since 2012. And, from that time the hackers are modifying it to surpass the security of computer. In addition, it has changed in all manner, if we compare it with its first addition. Then, we would find a vast change in its operation. Nowadays, it associates with restoring computer, deleting files, encryption of data by password and so on. Moreover, now invader can hold on access of your computer files in order to get ransom. Until, ransom is paid you can’t access the PC.
What are the ways in which it can infiltrate your system?
- It may install bundled with freeware. Exactly, when you don’t pay attention on the given terms on installation wizard. Then, they routinely end up accepting additional programming they require not trouble with.
- It may be that it can spread itself with suspicious pop ups also. You may go over them while going to suspicious site pages or the alert could appear by malicious program triggered on the computer.
- You could find offers to download adware, PUPs, and diverse suspicious projects. Similarly, it can redirect you to a site that contains malignant applications, for example, Trojans, infections, adware, and so forth. These might be installed with your system as significant tool, so it might be difficult to assume anything.
- This ransomware may be responsible for capturing confidential messages from victim’s system. and, provide to remote operator to commit cyber-crimes.
- As it installed into the system, it may create annoying pop-ups ads and show fake alerts. Which disturbs user to operate in adequate manner.
- Without your consent, this can install additional malware or viruses to user’s system. Which leads to damage the entire system by decrypting the files one by one.
- In addition, it tends to redirect web browser to annoying and malicious web pages. Moreover, it can block the internet to access web browser.
- Moreover, it makes slower the computer and its machinery to operate. Sometimes, it can terminate the functionality of computer.
- It has tendency to update itself and can alter the registry keys. And, create more difficulty to eliminate it.
You can prevent your computer by not clicking on any random link. And, accepting good practices of using computer. and, most important thing to do always keep a good and reliable anti-malware program in your PC. In order to avoid any invade by invader. And, keep safe your PC.
FBI Virus Ransomware Removal Guide
If Ransomware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to remove FBI virus automatically and manually as well?
Using Malwarebytes anti-malware:
- Firstly, just download the Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- Then, you would need to open it.
- Further, click on the scan now option provided over there.
- Afterwards, on clicking scan now Malwarebytes anti-malware program will start to scan the entire system.
- In addition, to scan the entire PC. It may consume longer time, be patience. Until, it completes the scan.
- After finishing the scanning, you will have a new screen. In which you will see some detected malware.
- Afterward, you would need to select remove option to remove all the malware from computer.
- Lastly, on finishing the process of removing of malware, Malwarebytes anti-malware program would require to reboot the PC. Allow it to perform the task.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove ransomware manually.
To remove FBI Virus Ransomware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – FBI Virus Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
For manual removal of FBI virus, you would have good practical knowledge about computer. Otherwise, automatic method is best suited for you.
For manual removal
A: Search & Remove Hidden Malevolent Files from system
For windows 7/ XP & Vista
- Firstly, you need to click on the windows icon.
- After that, choose open windows explorer
- Click Organize in which select Folder
- Then, Search Options.
- Now click on new tab option.
- Choose show hidden files and folders option.
- After choosing, uncheck hide protected system operating files.
- Lastly, click on yes option.
- And, confirmed by clicking ok.
For windows 10
- In the first place, tap on windows + E on keyboard.
- Then, click view tab.
- And, check for hidden file and extensions.
In windows 8 or 8.1
- Firstly, click on windows explorer.
- Then, go to view tab.
- Now, click to put check marks on file name and extensions & hidden items.
- After that, close the windows explorer.
B: Removal of FBI Virus registry files
- In the first place, to clean registry, click on the start button.
- Then, you will have the option of run.
- Now, click on it.
- Furthermore, you will see a box on display.
- Type REGEDIT in that box,
- Then, press enter key or you may just click on the ok button.
- And, look for registry entries related to FBI Virus:
C: Uninstall FBI Virus from control panel
In windows 10
- Startlingly, you need to click start > settings >system > apps and features (in left column)
- Then, search for FBI Virus
- Click uninstall > confirm.
In windows 8 or 8.1
- On right clicking on window icon.
- Then, menu > control panel > programs and feature > uninstall a program
- Further, find FBI Virus
- Tap on Uninstall.
- Wait for processing.
In Windows 7 or vista
- Start > control panel > programs and features > uninstall a program.
- Then, search for FBI Virus
- Lastly, uninstall it.
In windows XP
- Click start
- Then, select control panel
- Select add or remove programs
- Afterwards, search FBI Virus entries
- Click on remove
From internet explorer
- Open settings of IE (internet explorer).
- Then, choose manage add-ons > toolbars and extension
- Afterwards, search for FBI Virus.
- Disable them.
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the URL bar.
- Then, find FBI Virus from list.
- Further, click on recycle bin.
- Afterwards, confirm removal of FBI Virus.
- Type about: addons in URL bar.
- Then, click on extensions tab.
- Locate for FBI Virus.
- Click on remove.
Removal of browser search & homepage settings
For windows 7/vista
- Click on start.
- Type inetcpl.cpl in search box.
- Now, Enter.
- Click on advanced tab > Reset internet explorer settings,
- Click on reset.
- Now, reset once again.
- You will have new opened window.
- Then, delete personal settings.
- Now, inspect for delete browsing history, homepage.
- Then, finish re-settings,
- Click on close.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove FBI Virus from your browser.
- Locate folder, C:/users/”user name”/app data/local/google/chrome/application/user data.
- In user data folder.
- Locate files having name as default.
- Rename to default backup.
- Tap on chrome icon.
- New default file will be screened.
- Start firebox
- Go for help > troubleshooting information.
- Click on reset firebox
- Then, new window will be screened.
- Click on finish.