How to eradicate Teslacrypt Ransomware from your Computer
This Post is important for people who are keen to keep Telescript Ransomware at bay from their computer. Or those who are already troubled by this Ransomware. They will learn how to eradicate Teslacrypt Ransomware from their Computer.
Teslacrypt Ransomware- An Introduction
This Ransomware was discovered in February 2015. And it is now considered as one of the most dangerous Ransomware active this time on internet.
The Frequency of its attacks has remained more than any Ransomware from the day of its emergence. This Ransomware has a potential of encrypting every single bit of data present on a computer.
Originally it was created to target online companies and small business units. But the Ransomware has evolved quite a lot from the last 2 years. And hence it is now capable to break into the most sophisticated Computer System of bigger Software and Corporate Companies.
Its distribution mechanism has also shown sharp evolution. This you can realize from this fact that its distribution rate jumped from a mere 200 to more than 2000 Computers per day.
And that is the reason why Computer Security experts around the world without any hesitation label it as one of the most dangerous Ransomware making rounds this time on internet.
The Good news is that ESET named IT Security Company has already come up with a TeslaCrypt decryption tool. And the tool is already helping the victims of this Ransomware to eradicate it from their computers.
It has adapted a Spreading mechanism similar to that of its predecessors like Cryptolocker, Cryptowall and Simplelocker etc.
The most common spreading technique adapted by these Ransomware is spam emails. And similar is the case with this Ransomware. It too spreads mainly through spam emails. But there are other techniques as well which it makes use of to spread online and from one computer to another. The most common of them is bundling.
The other methods include malicious links and websites. And in addition it can also spread via infected external media devices and the peer to peer sharing Apps.
Actions and Consequences
As soon as this Product enters into a System, the first thing it does is that it checks your Computer for the most sensitive info like Business documents, Videos, specific files and the similar kind of data.
And it also tries to encrypt the games loaded on your Operating System.
Till date its victims has been mainly World of Warcraft, World of Tanks, MineCraft, StarCraft, RPG Maker and the Steam etc.
It makes use of AES encryption which is a very strong algorithm. And it adds extensions like. CCC and .VVV to the files present on Computer.
Teslacrypt Ransomware virus Removal Guide
If Ransomware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to eradicate Teslacrypt Ransomware from your Computer?
If there is a file howto_recover_file.txt on your desktop, that is the first indication of the presence of Teslacrypt Ransomware on your computer. Once you will click on this link, following warning message will flash across your screen.
“Your files have been safely encrypted on this PC: photos, videos, documents, etc. Click “Show encrypted files” Button to view a complete list of encrypted files, and you can personally verify this.”
You will require a private to decrypt the encrypted files. And this file is available on a server in internet. If you will get this server, it will eliminate the Teslacrypt Ransomware.
Initially computer security experts were unaware about the distribution mechanism of this product. But they have now exposed its distribution technique.
If any of the above symptoms occur in your computer, verify the presence of Teslacrypt Ransomware in your system and remove it as soon as possible. There are two ways to remove it from system one is using Anti-malware and other is applying set manual procedure
For Windows 7/8/10/ Vista
1. Open your PC and then visit Control panel
2. In Control Panel click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section
3. Then It will display “Programs and Features” option on screen
4. And Look for “Extended Update” among list of recently installed programs and App’s
5. Further Extended Update may be saved in PC by a different name, then sort out the software by date and eliminate it eventually.
How to eliminate Extended Update from Internet browsers
The Procedure to remove and reset internet browsers is as follows
For Google Chrome
1. Visit Google Chrome Menu
2. Then Go to system Settings and then select Teslacrypt Ransomware.
3. And Tap on the Trash to eliminate Teslacrypt Ransomware in “Extensions”.
4. That is all you need to do.
For Fire Fox
1. Click on the Firefox menu
2. Then Tap on Help
3. And Chose the option Troubleshooting Information
4. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”
5. Then Confirm the “Refresh Firefox” option in the confirmation Window
6. Reset your Firefox browser to default settings
7. As the resetting process concludes, click on Finish
For internet Explorer
1. Click on your internet Explorer icon
2. Choose Internet options and then click on the Advanced” tab
3. Tap on Reset button and then choose “Delete personal settings option in the Reset Internet Explorer settings”.
4. Click on Close once the process concludes.
5. Now Close-button-Reset-screen
6. This should remove Teslacrypt Ransomware from IE.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Teslacrypt Ransomware virus from your browser.
Automatic Method (Using Anti- Malware)
If the above method fails to work for you then you should install a reliable anti-malware like Malwarebytes to remove Teslacrypt Ransomware.
Remove Teslacrypt Ransomware with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Install Malwarebytes
- Close internet browsers
- Double click on the MalwareBytes icon.
- Click on Scan button
- Locate Teslacrypt Ransomware
- Restart and then reboot PC.
- Click on OK to complete the process
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.