How to Remove Consent.exe from Computer in a very Effective Way
Consent.exe is basically a legitimate Computer Process associated with Windows Vista’s User Account Control, but it produces some negative effects on screen. Those negative effects sometimes force user to uninstall it from the computer.
The two most common negative impacts it have on your computer that it makes your computer sluggish and occupies enough of its resources.
Otherwise it is important for preventing all unauthorized changes to Windows Vista to keep it safe from Malware and viruses.
Its absence on the Windows can be dangerous too. It may mean a gate pass for Malwares, viruses and Trojans etc. So don’t go for its uninstallation, unless it creates hurdles for you in the smooth functioning of your device.
The Process ensures that except trusted Apps no other program receives admin privilege to install on your device. It prompts user for permission every time when he/she has to install a software or make any change on the System.
It may also happen that Malware developer may use the name of this legitimate Windows file to deceive user into installing a badware on his/her computer under the name of this Process.
So you should always check the location of this Program in your computer. If its location traced in your computer happens to be c:\windows\system32 folder. Then, there are maximum chances that it may be a Malware or virus.
In that case you should go for its removal as early as possible. Its long term sustenance in your device can then prove costly for your device.
These symptoms indicate that Consent.exe present on your device Operating System may be a fake one or the genuine one has start misbehaving.
- Your Computer has become unexpectedly slow. It may be because of the pop up ads it loads on your web pages.
- You are on a site and it redirects you to some unknown website. On that unknown website, you see only and only sponsored content and nothing else.
- It may add unnecessary add-on and other browser extensions to your device.
- When you see these kinds of things happening, you should immediately download an Antimalware and scan your computer for consent.exe. Because the same process may be responsible for all this mess on your system.
Consent.exe System Tool Removal Guide
If Consent.exe System Tool has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to uninstall and remove Consent.exe from your Computer?
If the Consent.exe is giving unnecessary trouble to you by making undesirable changes to your computer, then you can go for its removal. For removal you have to either scan your computer with some powerful antimalware or with an Antivirus. If the Antimalware is not available to you, then you can try to remove it manually. Let us discuss these two methods one by one.
Automatic Removal method
The process of removing a malware from computer with the help of an Antimalware is known as Automatic Removal Method. This method is convenient for user because you don’t have to do too much except starting a scan. Rest of the process happens automatically. In the end you just need to click on the concerned file and remove it from the device.
The whole procedure is as given below:
- Choose a very powerful antimalware to download on your System.
- Then install that Powerful antimalware on your device.
- Now scan your device with this tool.
- As soon as it finishes scan, it shows you the list of possible threats to your computer.
- Then you scrutinize the list and click on the really doubtful files and then remove them from computer.
- This way you get rid of fake consent.com from your Windows Vista.
- You may repeat the above procedure two three times to ensure remaining threats are also gone from the System.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove system tool manually.
To remove Consent.exe System Tool, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Consent.exe Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
If the above process fails to get rid of consent.com completely from the System, then there is an alternate removal method. You can try this removal method on your computer Windows and get rid of the threats.
The whole procedure is as given below:
For Windows 7/8/Vista/ 10/XP
- Create a restore point on your device. This helps you in reverting changes in case of a backfire by Consent.com.
- First of all tap F3. It will open standard search window. And enter ‘consent.exe’ in it.
- In next few minutes, the windows will locate the concerned files
- Identify the program related to consent.exe. And next go for its removal applying a standard procedure.
- Suppose if the location of consent.exe tracked in your computer comes out to be C:\Program Files\Dummy game\**some subfolder**, then there are chances that it may be part of Dummy game”.
- It should fix your Problem. If the problem persists, then you can try an alternate procedure.
- Make sure all occurences related to the consent.exe are deleted from Computer. The hidden copies and clones of consent.exe may still be present on your computer.