How to Remove SlimCleaner from Computer
PC security is vast concern today and we are working towards a noble cause of providing users with useful information regarding PC threats and their removal procedure. Moreover, in this article our readers can gather information regarding SlimCleaner. Further, you can get the steps to remove SlimCleaner from PC easily here.
Though, SlimCleaner is a genuine computer application, however, despite this it is a dubious program. Further, it is a misleading windows optimizer tool. Also, many popular antivirus programs categorized it as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). So, this means though it hardly poses a big threat for your PC but it may significantly affect the performance of your PC. Moreover, when it’s in your PC then apart from disturbing PC performance it also uses many unpleasant methods to persuade users to buy ‘SlimCleaner Plus’ the premium version of the app.
Further, developers of this tool praise and promote this tool by making elusive claims. So, developers may claim it as a cloud-powered tool and millions of people use it. Further, they also claim that this tool can enhance performance of device, extend the battery life, and providing other beneficial features. Anyways, the reality is far from what its developers claim.
Moreover, this questionable PC optimization tool displays fallacious scan results after conducting dummy scans. Most of the time such results may be exaggerated what it is in actual. Basically, such tools use a tactic in which they show embellished results. So, such tools report hundreds of bad files, outdated registry entries, system errors and other issues.
Further, such tools show such alerts to make you believe that there are some system errors on your PC, then ask for full version to purchase to get rid of the errors. Hence, the developers of such tools use this aggressive marketing strategy to persuade you to buy the SlimCleaner. Anyways, after you pay for it then you pay for nothing. For removing the issues, you should remove SlimCleaner.
How does SlimCleaner gets into your PC?
Though there are many distribution techniques of this suspicious tool. However, one way could be when you install this tool on your PC intentionally. Well, there is an official website for this site which presents it as a useful and effective PC optimization tool. Further, so you may be tempted to download and install this tool on your PC.
Moreover, beside this you can end up having this tool because of deceptive techniques. So, if you click on pop-ups, banners or links representing this tool as a helpful optimization tool then it enters your PC. Further, typically, this kind of tools reach your PC with freeware packages. Moreover, freeware programs are bundled with such third-party tools. Thus, if you install freeware the bundled programs also reach in your PC. Anyways, spams, malicious web contents may also fetch such tool on your PC.
How to protect your computer system?
Though, there are so many PC optimization tools available on internet. Further, some may come free, and some are available on premium. Well, before you choose to install a tool you should check for its authenticity and analyze its performance. Though, you can use various internet sources for this. Moreover, it’s also necessary to inspect a freeware when you install it on your PC. Further, you can do so by reading the license terms of the freeware or opting for the custom or advance installation method. Also, avoid spams, online pop-up ads, offers, downloads and updates.
SlimCleaner Software Removal Guide
If software has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to eliminate SlimCleaner automatically?
For the complete removal of this tool, you can use Malwarebytes antimalware.
- Begin by downloading the Malwarebytes antimalware tool.
- When it’s downloaded then click its setup icon “mbam” to install it on PC.
- After the installation, there will be an update run automatically. Thus, allow the update to finish.
- Now when the update is over you can then run a by clicking ‘Scan now’.
- After the scan, it comes up with the list of all malwares which it detects on your computer.
- Finally, you can eliminate SlimCleaner by clicking ‘Remove selected’ button.
- At last it has eliminated all malevolent registry files and malware.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove software manually.
To remove SlimCleaner Software, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – SlimCleaner Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
How to eliminate SlimCleaner manually?
From Windows 7/XP/Vista:
- Before anything, click Start.
- Now Control Panel → Programs and Features.
- In Windows XP click Add/Remove Programs in the control panel.
- After this you will see a list of programs that are installed on your PC. From these programs locate suspicious programs.
- Now uproot the programs by uninstalling from PC.
From Windows 8/10:
- First, right-click on bottom left corner of your PC screen.
- Once you click you get a Quick Access Menu. Select Control Panel from this menu.
- Further, click ‘Uninstall a Program’ in control panel.
- Now, find any malicious apps.
- Uninstall the malicious apps.
From Mac OS X:
- Initially from the top left of screen click on ‘Go’ button further choose Applications.
- Now after the Applications folder is open so, readily track any suspicious apps in there.
- Further, when you find the malicious apps so, select ‘Move to Trash’.
How to eliminate SlimCleaner from browser?
From Internet Explorer:
- Initially when the Internet Explorer is open then click the Gear icon (find at the top right corner), a menu will appear now choose ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- Further, when the ‘Manage Add-ons’ list appear then carefully track all bad extensions here.
- Now you can remove the bad extensions by choosing Disable.
- Initially open the menu, by following the 1st step above and then select ‘Internet options’ from the menu. Further, click on ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Further, reset the Internet Explorer browser by clicking on ‘Reset’.
- At the end put a check mark in ‘Delete personal settings’ box and click Reset.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove SlimCleaner from your browser.
From Microsoft Edge:
- Launch the Microsoft Edge then click ‘More’ (from the top right corner).
- Now click ‘Settings’ to open further options.
- When the Settings window is open then click ‘Choose what to clear’ under ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- At the end select options further click ‘Clear’.
From Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, now click on the menu icon then select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Track all bad extensions.
- At the end click ‘Remove’.
- Open menu in Firefox (click top left icon) further click ‘?’ or select ‘Help’ from menu. Now choose ‘Troubleshooting Information’.
- Now when a window with Reset/Refresh button appear then click the reset button.
From Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome further click on the menu then select Tools → Extensions.
- Now from the list of extensions select malicious extensions then click trash icon to remove all.
- Once again click menu and then choose ‘Settings’ → ‘Manage Search engines’.
- When a list of search engines appear further, choose and malicious search engines. Now set Google or any search engine you want as default search engine.
- From the top right section of Chrome browser click on menu icon further choose ‘Settings’.
- Now scroll down and find the ‘Reset browser settings’ option.
- Now click ‘Reset’ for resetting the browser.
- Initially, open Safari browser further click on ‘Safari’ from the menu bar. After clicking ‘Safari’ further select Preferences.
- Now choose Extensions further find out malicious extensions then delete such extensions. You can remove such extensions by clicking the Uninstall button.
- Open the Safari browser now click ‘Safari’ as above then select ‘Reset Safari…’ from options.
- Now when you see a dialog window with details also with reset options, then deselect any options you don’t want because all options are selected by default. Further after choosing all options that you want head to reset.
- You can click on the ‘Reset’ button to reset the browser.