How to Remove Sms.exe from the Computer
Otherwise Sms.exe is a Session Manager subsystem, which runs in the Windows Task Manager on PC’s. It is an integral part of any Microsoft Windows which aids in initiating session on computer.
In addition it launches Csrss.exe and Winlogon.exe process as well. Further it helps in setting System Variables and activities.
If the two processes Csrss.exe and Winlogon.exe fail to respond to the commands, Smss.exe stops Operating System.
The elimination of this process from computer can prove harmful. So we don’t suggest you to terminate this file.
Dangers associated with Sms.exe
You may be thinking now if Sms.exe is such a vital component of your computer Windows, then why do we need to discuss it here. Don’t worry we will tell you why this we are discussing it here.
Smss.exe is a very integral part of computer Windows and the user can’t think of removing it from PC. Malware developers realize this significance of Smss.exe in a computer.
What they do is that they brand their Products under the same name. And send it to the computers around the world via deceptive means.
The malware they send to your computer causes lots of problems for the user.
From adware which uploading tons of pop-up ads on the webpages you visit to the Ransomware, the malware on your computer under name Smss.exe can be anything. So you need to scan your computer on regular basis to identify and eliminate such vicious entries.
How to differentiate between genuine Smss.exe and fake Smss.exe?
Some of the ways that help you in identifying Smss.exe present on your computer is not a genuine file
- If the location of the file in your computer is c:\windows\System32\smss.exe, then it is a genuine file. The files present at any other location in your computer under the same name shall be termed as fake. This is the first indication that helps you in differentiating between the genuine and fake files.
- All of a sudden the influx of the pop up ads to your webpages increases dramatically. Now when you click on a webpages, you see tons of ads. The ads are sponsored meant for generating revenue.
- You are on your favorite website but all of a sudden you get redirected to strange kind of websites. Here you see only promotional kind of content. The content includes pop up ads, banners, text links and notifications.
- You see a number of ad-on and other kinds of browser extensions have installed on your System. But you have not installed any of these.
The Possible reasons behind how they spread from one computer to another are as follows
- It may happen, the notification related to it may show on your screen. And you thought the file is genuine and installed it on your system.
- Sometimes the file may be bundled with the setup of a popular free software. And when you downloaded this software, the file also drops on your Operating System
- You may have clicked on a spam email link or you may have opened a malicious website or a link on it.
- The malware may also be carried to your system by the Trojan, viruses and worms present on your computer.
- It may also store in the external media device and when you connect it to a healthy computer. The file makes its way into it.
Sms.exe System Tool Removal Guide
If Sms.exe System Tool has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to remove Sms.exe from computer?
If any of the above symptoms are present in your computer, then you should scan your computer with some powerful antimalware. Or use a set procedure to trace it and then remove it from computer.
When you remove it from computer with the help of an antimalware, then it is called Automatic Removal method. The full procedure is as given below.
- First of all you will have to install antimalware on your computer. The antimalware should be both reliable and powerful.
- Once you will install it on your computer, then click on Scan to start a scan
- And when it finishes scan, you will see a list of threats it has identified.
- You just need to select, right click and click uninstall to remove them from computer
- Some files may have left back in the computer. Start one more scan of your computer and get rid of those remaining threats.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove system tool manually.
To remove Sms.exe System Tool, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Sms.exe Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
Remove from MAC Control Panel
- First of all start Mac Operating System and wait for startup tone. Then press and hold the shift key.
- Then release shift key After login display appears on screen
For windows vista/ 7/ XP/ Vista/ 10/8/8.1
- Window Vista and 7 users Start Computer and then click F8 until it starts computer reboot.
- Select safe mode with networking
- Windows 8.1/8/ 10 should tap on the Windows and select choose control panel.
- Then choose Security>>> Administrator Tools>>> System Configuration
- Select the option Safe Boot and then click on OK. Select restart.