How to Uninstall and Remove Television Fanatic toolbar from a Victim’s PC?
At very first sight, the Television Fanatic, a toolbar looks like a Genuine Application for user. But when you delve deep into it, you come to know about its reality.
The Developers of this Toolbar promise user to secure his/her browser and help them in improving their browsing experience. Moreover, they claim that the internet user reaches to his/her website in just a one click on it. But you experience nothing like that when you start using this tool on your device.
So, it is regarded as a potentially unwanted Program, which finds its place in the adware category of Malware.
Why is the Television Fanatic toolbar regarded as potentially unwanted?
The Television Fanatic Toolbar is regarded as a potentially unwanted Program because it modifies all the crucial settings of internet browsers. Some of the changes it brings in your System browsers are as follows.
- It may start redirecting you to some unknown dangerous websites. These websites will show you all types of irritating pop-up-ads which slow down your computer
- It changes the default settings of browsers. It replaces your homepage and search engine with its own just to redirect you to its own sites.
- Sometimes it may lead you to sites which are considered live pool of viruses and malware. If this happens a flock of viruses and malware can burst on your device simultaneously. Then it becomes difficult to control its infection
- It may gather the crucial information about the user and then share it with hackers. The hackers can manipulate that information in any desired way.
How it makes way into the victims’ PC?
Since from outside it looks like a legitimate tool, most of the users don’t hesitate to download it on their computers. They come to know about its real value when it begins to trouble them. But there are also chances that you may not like to download this software on your computer but it appears on your Operating System out of nowhere. It leaves you surprised because you had not opted for it. Maybe it may have reached to your computer bundled with some Freeware. Or along with a Spam email or travelled from the malicious website to your computer.
Is it possible to block its entry into the computer?
Since this is now known to you that Television Fanatic is not any useful Toolbar for your device. So, you should avoid downloading it on your computer. And when you have to download a Freeware, choose only Custom/ Advanced method of downloading. This method enables you to see which file is downloaded on your computer. You can deselect that file in the wizard. And thus, prevent its entry into your computer.
Uninstallation Guide for Television Fanatic Toolbar
If this toolbar has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to uninstall and remove Television Fanatic toolbar from a Victim’s PC?
Now if the tool is already present on the Operating system of your computer. Then you can adapt one of the following procedures to eliminate it completely from a computer. The Procedures are as follows
Automatic Removal Method
- If antimalware is not loaded on your computer, then download it first.
- Now install the Antimalware
- Scan your computer with the Anti-malware
- It will come up with the list of detected threats
- Right click on the threats one by one and choose uninstall
- To eradicate remaining possible threats, you may scan your device one more time.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove Software manually.
To remove Television Fanatic Toolbar, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Television Fanatic Toolbar Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
The Procedure to remove Television Fanatic toolbar from computer manually is as follows:
For Windows 7/8/10/8.1/Vista/ XP
The procedure to remove Fanatic toolbar from computer Windows is as follows
- Start your computer and visit its control panel
- Choose Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program
- Search for the tool in it
- Then Tap on Uninstall followed by OK to validate changes.
How to Reset Web browsers?
After removing Fanatic Toolbar from a computer, then you may require resetting the settings of your browsers. Because Fanatic Toolbar has a tendency to modify the settings of your computer. If it has changed the settings of your browser, then adapt the following procedure to restore its settings
- Click on the Chrome icon
- Visit its menu and select extensions in Tools
- You will see unfamiliar plugins here. Choose Trash to delete these entries.
- If you have to change Homepage, then visit to its Menu once again and select settings
- Then choose set pages in ‘On startup’ section.
- Look for the Fanatic URL and tap X to remove it
- Enter the name of your web domain
- For search Engine, go to browser menu for once more and select search in Settings
- Tap ‘Manage Search Engines’ and enter the name of your domain.
- This is all you needed to do to remove Television Fanatic toolbar from your computer.
- Apply the More or less similar procedure for other browsers as well.