How to Eliminate Wajam from your Computer
Using this easy and helpful guide you can get necessary information about Wajam. Further, you can remove Wajam from PC reading the steps follows in this guide.
What is Wajam?
Although, Wajam is a social search engine and a browser add-on. Also, it claims to show web results related to the information users’ friends share on social networks. So, basically it claims to show results related to activities of users’ friends on social networks including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. However, despite this you should be careful while using Wajam. This is because some PC users find it as useful and trustworthy while some other people are annoyed with its ads. Also, some claim that they never installed it voluntarily.
Moreover, though Wajam is a genuine program and not involved in spreading malware. However, because of its some unpleasant activities some users find it bothersome. Mostly, it bothers users by its intrusive ads and other promotional stuffs. Moreover, most of the time this program gets into users’ computer when users install freeware or shareware program.
If users fail to monitor the installation procedure of freeware or shareware programs, then Wajam Web Enhancer can easily enter their computer. Also, it will enter users’ PC covertly and without their consent. So, this can happen because it may come hidden as an optional component of a freeware or shareware program. Thus, it becomes necessary to track all components of a freeware or shareware while installing on your computer system.
Moreover, once Wajam infiltrate your PC, it readily makes necessary changes to your PC. Also, from the time of installation you start to get continuous irritating ads. Even you may be tricked into visiting an unknown or a suspicious website. So, it’s important to remove Wajam as it will come up every time after you start your PC.
As mentioned above such adware programs can enter your computer system along with a freeware or shareware program. Since, freeware or shareware programs work as carrier for such programs. This is because developers of freeware or shareware bundle their programs with sponsored third party tools. So, when you install freeware the third party tool also inadvertently gets into your PC.
Moreover, the other way of its infiltration could be the malicious web contents. Anyways, such web contents include pop-ups, banners, redirection links, unknown websites, etc. All in all, such contents may cause installation of Wajam like when you click a link that redirect you to download it or if you click a pop-up ad promoting Wajam. Also, you may install it purposely from its official site.
How to prevent its intrusion?
When installing a freeware or shareware program on your system check its components step by step in the installation procedure. Further, you can check the components by choosing Custom or Advance option for installation. Moreover, just follow all the steps of installation and make sure you choose appropriate tools and settings to avoid installation of additional tools.
Adware Wajam Redirect Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Eliminate Wajam automatically
Remove with Malwarebytes antimalware.
- First you should download Malwarebytes antimalware tool.
- After downloading it, just the setup icon “mbam” for installing on PC.
- Now when the installation is complete then it will launch an automatic update. So, wait until update finish.
- Further, when the update is over you can now scan your PC, so just click ‘Scan now’ to start scanning.
- Now after the scan complete there will be results of the scan. So, it should show you list of malwares found on your PC.
- Remove malwares by clicking ‘Remove selected’ button.
- It will then clean all bed files and registry entries from your PC.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove Wajam redirect adware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Wajam Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
Eliminate Wajam manually
From Windows 7/XP/Vista:
- Initially click Start.
- Further, open Control Panel → Programs and Features.
- Click Add/Remove Programs (for Windows XP) in control panel.
- Further, if you find list of installed programs then find malicious programs.
- Finally, uninstall any malicious programs from your computer system.
From Windows 8/10:
- First, right-click on the bottom left edge of your computer screen.
- After this a Quick Access Menu will pop-up just choose Control Panel from the menu.
- Now click ‘Uninstall a Program’ in the control panel.
- Locate malicious apps.
- Uninstall the malicious apps.
From Mac OS X:
- From the top left of screen just click ‘Go’ button then select Applications.
- When the Applications folder open up find suspicious apps in the folder.
- Now after finding the suspicious apps right-click and choose ‘Move to Trash’.
Eliminate Wajam from browser
From Internet Explorer:
- After the Internet Explorer browse launches click the Gear icon (top right corner). Further, click ‘Manage Add-ons’ from the menu.
- Once the ‘Manage Add-ons’ list appear find malicious extensions here.
- Click Disable to remove the extensions.
- Repeat the first line of step one above and then choose ‘Internet options’ from menu. Now, click ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Further, click ‘Reset’ to reset the browser.
- First click in ‘Delete personal settings’ box then finally click Reset.
From Microsoft Edge:
- Open Edge browser now click ‘More’ (top right corner).
- Further, click ‘Settings’ to open additional options.
- Now after the Settings window open up, click ‘Choose what to clear’ under ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Finally choose ‘Clear’.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Wajam from your browser.
From Mozilla Firefox:
- After launching Mozilla Firefox, click menu, and choose Add-ons → Extensions.
- Find malicious extensions.
- Further, click ‘Remove’.
- Launch Firefox and open menu then click ‘?’ or ‘Help’ from the menu. Further, select ‘Troubleshooting Information’.
- After you find window with Reset/Refresh button just click reset.
From Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome then open its menu further choose Tools → Extensions.
- After you find list of extensions then track malicious extensions finally click trash icon to eliminate them.
- Again, click menu further select ‘Settings’ → ‘Manage Search engines’.
- From the listed search engines find malicious ones. Finally, opt to set Google as your default search engine.
- Choose the menu of Chrome browser then select ‘Settings’ from menu.
- Scroll down and look for the ‘Reset browser settings’.
- Finally click ‘Reset’.
- After opening the Safari browser click on ‘Safari’. Next choose Preferences.
- Further, select Extensions and then look for malicious extensions.
- Use Uninstall button to remove bad extensions.
- Now again click ‘Safari’ and further choose ‘Reset Safari…’.
- A dialog window with details and reset button appear, as default all options are selected. You can deselect any option if necessary.
- Finally, click ‘Reset’ to reset your safari browser.