How to Uproot Yontoo Pagerage PUP from the Base of your Computer
Yontoo Pagerage- an Introduction
Yontoo PageRage which is often addressed by names like Yoonto Virus, Yoonto hijacker or by simply Yontoo is actually a browser extension. This browser extension is used by Facebook users to personalize their account by changing its layout, theme and few other features.
This Adware is infamous because it has a tendency to hijack your computer browser to steal your sensitive information. At the same time it behaves like an Adware which loads up tons of pop up ads on your computer. These ads irritate user to death.
So if you feel that this software is creating problems for you, then you can use a powerful anti-malware to get rid of it from your computer.
Anti-malware will scan your computer thoroughly to detect adware and browser hijacker on your computer. Otherwise unwanted ads displayed by this potentially unwanted Program will start displaying on the webpages open on your computer which irritate user more than anything.
It may display links on your computer which will redirect you to unknown harmful websites. After some time it will slow down your computer and the internet browsers loaded on it.
How Yontoo Pagerage PUP ends up on your computer?
It has been witnessed that this Application appears on your computer mostly after you install a Freeware on your device. The reason may be it may be bundled with the free software you just downloaded on your computer.
The user fails to note it because it installs in the background of computer in a very stealthily manner.
The next common source of it are malicious websites on internet. There websites are actually a pool of such infectious Programs.
It may also end up on your computer when you click a spam email attachment or link.
Some other sources include Infected External storage devices, Peer to Peer tools and Applications.
Is there a way to block its entry into computer?
Yes there are ways to get rid of Yontoo Pagerage PUP from your computer. You just need to follow the below mentioned guidelines.
- Now we know that Freeware could be the main source of this unwanted Application. So we should first of all try to avoid installing unnecessary software on computer. If we could not do without a Freeware, then we should choose Custom/ Advanced method of installation in the installation wizard. This type of installation enables you to monitor the installation process in wizard. You can deselect any doubtful looking file. Thus preventing the PUP from landing on your operating system.
- Don’t open emails from unknown senders without proper verification, junk doubtful mails if you feel they are not of any importance and block its sender
- Scan your external media devices before you connect them to your computer.
- Desist from visiting suspicious websites.
Yontoo Pagerage Redirect is pop redirect Adware Popular these days. If you can not deal with this on your own,
>> Click Here to Download MalwareBytes – Yontoo Pagerage Removal Tool <<
How to uproot Yontoo Pagerage PUP from the base of your computer?
Once you start feeling that Yontoo Pagerage is giving you trouble by interfering in the normal functioning of your computer, then go for its removal immediately.
Otherwise it has a full capability to drop all kinds of harmful entities on computer. It may drop registry entries which could corrupt your entire computer.
There are two methods to remove it from your computer. One you can remove it by using antimalware and the second is by applying manual procedure.
Let us explain these methods to you one by one. We will start with Automatic Removal method.
Adware Yontoo Pagerage Redirect Removal Guide
If Adware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Automatic Removal Method
Automatic Removal Method involves the use of a Powerful security software to get rid of Yontoo Pagerage PUP from computer. We have too many Security software available for this job. It is really tough to select a truly powerful and reliable software for this job. Our research has zeroed on Malwarebytes. We have taken two things into consideration while selecting this software. One the reviews of people and the second we tried it so many times and the result was perfect every time.
On the other hand most of the technicians recommend this to their customers. So you should choose only this software. The Procedure is as follows:
- If you have not installed Malwarebytes on your computer or you an outdated version of it on your device. Then install a fresh version of it on your computer
- Then run the software on your device Operating system and click on Scan now
- It will take it some time to scan your computer. After it finishes scan of your computer, it will show you the existing threats to your computer
- Just Right click on the threats one by one and click on uninstall
- This should remove it from your computer.
- Then you may need to re scan your computer to get rid of the remaining threats. If you are still not satisfied then you may try manual method.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove adware manually.
To remove Yontoo Pagerage redirect adware, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Yontoo Pagerage Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
For Windows 7/8/ 10/ 8.1
The Procedure to remove Yontoo Pagerage from Microsoft Windows is as follows:
- Go to the control panel of the Window
- Then select Programs and features and ‘X’ users Add/Remove Programs
- On the other hand Windows 10/8 users should click on Uninstall a Program
- And Identify Yontoo Pagerage
- Uninstall and click on OK.
How to uproot Yontoo Pagerage PUP from the base of your computer browser shortcuts?
Mozilla Firefox/ IE/ Chromes shortcuts
- Right click Mozilla Firefox shortcut and then select Properties.
- Then visit shortcut tab to look for Malicious URL.
- And, Delete URL from your browser shortcut tab.
- Repeat the same procedure for the shortcuts of other browsers.
- Also remove it from Taskbar, Desktop and Start Menu.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Yontoo Pagerage from your browser.
For Internet Browsers
- Start IE and visit Menu
- And, Select Manage add-ons
- In Manage Add-ons Window search Yontoo Pagerage plugin
- Click on disable to disable it.
- Now select ‘Internet Options’ in General tab.
- Remove the URL and a domain name
- Click on Apply to apply the changes.
- Then Go to Menu again to reset your browser.
- Click on Internet Options and select Reset in Advanced tab
- Check the Delete personal settings and then tap on Reset again to complete the removal process.
- Go to Chrome Menu and choose Extensions inside Tools
- Here look for Yontoo Pagerage and move it to Trash.
- Now reset the Homepage and search engine of browser.
- Go to Menu and select Settings.
- Tap on Set pages and remove malicious search sites
- And, enter the name of your preferred domain to select as Homepage
- Apply same Procedure for search engine.