How to get rid of dangerous Petya Ransomware from the infected computer
Before explaining you the process how to get rid of dangerous Petya Ransomware from the infected computer, we will give you a brief introduction to Petya Ransomware. What it is and how it infects your computer.
An Introduction to Petya Ransomware
Petya Virus is a very dangerous Ransomware which locks your Computer with a very strong encryption algorithm. It takes over the complete control of your System just like it has been abducted and now it is unable to do anything to free itself.
This Ransomware has undergone a tremendous evolution since the date of its existence. Ever since it hit the internet market, Computer Software Experts have discovered multiple supplementary versions of this Ransomware. The most popular of them is Mischa.
The Ransomware is also part of an affiliate campaign known as Janus Cybercrime Solutions.
Some of the most adverse impacts of Petya Ransomware on infected computer are as follows
1. Since it is an extremely dangerous entity so it has a potential to target any computer in the world. Its initials targets were German Companies.
2. It enters into victim computer in a very stealthily manner and hence victim fails to notice it until it begins its malicious activities.
3. As soon as it enters into your computer, first of all, it begins encryption process. It encrypts even a small bit of data on your computer with the help of strong and complex type of algorithms AES-256 and RSA-4096.
4. The algorithms are used by military to lock the computers of criminals and terrorists. Unless you have its key, it is impossible to decrypt data back to its original form. And this key remains present in some remote server of your computer.
5. You will be asked to pay ransom by the creators of this Ransomware if you want to get the key.
6. As soon as it launches its attacks, it restarts the computer and start automatic rebooting. And after rebooting, a message flashes across the screen of the user
7. “Do not turn off your pc! If you abort this process, you could destroy all of your data! Please ensure that your power cable is plugged in!”
8. Maximum times, users misinterpret it as a System Error. And it is the time when it keeps on encrypting files in the background of your System.
9. If the victim attempts to reboot Computer, a red skeleton along with the following text inscribed on it flashes across the computer screen.
10. And as the user taps on the key, a new window opens up with a ransom note. In the note, victim is asked to pay 0, 9 BitCoin which is equivalent to $400. And the amount varies according to the number of computers connected in the series.
dangerous Petya Ransomware Virus Removal Guide
If Ransomware has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
How to remove Petya Ransomware from your computer?
You can get rid of Petya Ransomware from your computer manually or by using a security software. The manual method has limitation that you may end up in meddling with system registry files and any damage to files will disrupt stability of the entire device. More over some files delete and you will not be able to recover them.
How to remove Petya Ransomware from infected computer?
Via Automatic Malware removal method
The procedure to remove Petya Ransomware from your computer via Automatic Malware method is as follows
1. Click on Scan Now to start scan
2. The scan will take some time. Once it concludes scan, it will show you a list of threats.
3. Select and click “Remove Selected”
4. Malwarebytes can start computer reboot, allow it to do so. It is useful for getting rid of remaining threats from the computer.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove ransomware manually.
To remove dangerous Petya Ransomware , you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – dangerous Petya Ransomware Virus Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
Via Manual method
Petya Ransomware from Windows Control Panel
The procedure to remove Petya Ransomware from Control Panel of the computer is as follows
1. Start your PC
2. Go to control panel
3. Click “Uninstall a program”.
4. It will show you list of recently installed programs.
5. Choose and remove Petya
How to Remove Petya Ransomware and reset internet browsers?
To get rid of its components from web browsers, you will have to reset your Internet browsers to default settings. The procedure is as given below
1. Run Firefox
2. Visit Menu >> Tools Menu
3. Click Help button
4. In Firefox settings, choose menu
5. Select “Troubleshooting Information”
6. Click on “Refresh Firefox”
7. Confirm the “Refresh Firefox” option in dialog box
8. Once it completes troubleshooting process, click on Finish button.
For Internet Explorer
1. Run internet Explorer browser
2. Click on internet explorer tools menu
3. Tap “Internet Options”
4. Choose the Advanced tab in “Internet Options”
5. Click on Reset button
6. Select “Delete personal settings” and click Reset button.
7. Restart computer to apply the changes
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove dangerous Petya Ransomware Virus from your browser.
For Google Chrome
The Chrome browser has option that resets its default settings. Resetting is important for mending the alternations made by the Ransomware to the browsers.
1. Visit Google Chrome Menu
2. Select Settings
3. It will open a new Window or tab
4. Click on Show advanced settings
5. And Click on Reset browser settings
6. Click on Reset button in confirmation box to continue reset process.
7. Apply the same procedure for other browsers as well.