How to Get Rid of MPC Cleaner?
MPC cleaner has been for a long time projected in a positive light by its makers. Its developers tell you that it is the safest and the fastest Computer optimizing tool available on the internet. But the reality is different.
It is actually a Rogue PC software just to deceive you to mint money.
On its official site, it was written “the lightest and fastest and safest PC optimizer with a simple and cool interface.” But this site has been blocked now after frequent complaints made by Internet users against it.
It is now regarded as a potentially unwanted Program (PUP).. Thus fulfilling the long pending demand of internet users across the world who were facing the trouble because of this highly suspicious substance.
This Tool convinces a user with a Promise of cleaning corrupt registries, junk files and plug-ins from the computer. But once you download it on your computer, you will find it of no use.
Its motive is just to trick you into purchasing the full version of MPC Cleaner.
Its location in your computer is C:\Program Files directory under the name MPCTray.exe.
How MPC makes way into a Computer?
There are many ways via which MPC can make entry into your computer. Some people download this tool on computer intentionally. And, those who lack interest in this product are duped into installing this software by deception.
MPC installs on their device and they don’t know anything about it. Because it enters into their device very stealthily.
After making way into your computer, then it starts a rapid automatic but fake scan. After sometime, it alerts the user his/her device contains Malware and viruses. And they should scan it.
If you will be crossing check its claim using an anti-malware or antivirus, then you will find its claim just an absurd thing. That will make you believe that the MPC has been just a bogus tool.
Except degrading the performance of your computer by slowing down its speed, it does no good with your computer. The purpose behind slowing your computer is convince you that yes, your computer has become a pool of viruses and malware.
Our suggestion to all computer users is that this tool is not worth to buy. So you should not go for it. Both its trial as well as the full version is useless Applications that can change the homepage and search engine of your computer.
Is it possible to block its entry into a computer?
Yes, it is possible to block its entry into a computer. But you have to follow some simple guidelines. The guidelines are as follows:
It has been seen that most people remain unaware about the Presence of MPC cleaner on their system. And the Application ends up on their computer bundled along with a Freeware. Or it may travel from a Random site to your computer. Sometimes it stores in an external media device connected to an infected device. Moreover, when this device is connected to a healthy computer, the tool travels from it to the computer.
The best way to block its entry into a computer is to select Custom/Advanced option in the installation wizard. This method helps you to keep a check on the files downloading on your computer. And you can deselect any doubtful file.
Don’t rush into downloading software from Random or malicious sites. And scan your external media devices before connecting them to a computer.
Scan your computer with a powerful and reliable Antimalware at regular intervals. Always keep the security of your computer updated.
How to remove MPC Cleaner from infected computer?
Now if you have not been able to block its entry into the computer. You can then choose to scan your computer with an Antimalware. It is called an automatic removal method.
If the software is not available to you, then you can choose Manual method to get rid of MPC Cleaner. Let us discuss this method one by one.
MPC Cleaner Software Removal Guide
If software has already infected your computer, go for its removal immediately otherwise when its infection becomes severe, it causes a lot of trouble and becomes too stubborn to remove from the computer.
Automatic Tool Method
There are thousands of Anti-malware available on the internet. And you can pick any of them to scan your computer to get rid of MPC cleaner for your computer. But all of these anti-malware are not reliable or enough powerful to get rid of the MPC cleaner from computer completely.
So we recommend you to use only the most trusted and powerful antimalware Malwarebytes only for this job. The procedure to use Automatic Tool to remove MPC cleaner from computer is as follows.
- If you have not installed Malwarebytes yet on the computer, then first of all install it on your computer
- Then click it on its icon to run it on your device
- And now click on the Scan Now button
- And, it will carry a thorough scan of your computer.
- After completing scan, it will show you list of identifying threats
- Then right Click on the threats one by one and click on uninstall to remove them from the computer.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove software manually.
To remove MPC Cleaner software, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – MPC Cleaner Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
How to remove MPC cleaner manually from the computer?
The Method has to be completed in phases. The phases are as given below
From Windows 7/8/10/ Vista/XP/ 8.1
The Procedure to remove it from Windows is as follows:
- Start your computer and visit its control panel.
- And select Programs and Features. XP users should click Add/Remove Programs.
- On the other hand Windows 8/10 need to click on Uninstall a Program in Control panel
- Then look for suspicions entries, including MPC Cleaner
- Right click on entries one by one and choose ‘Uninstall’ the tool from Windows shortcut.
- And at the end click on OK to validate these changes.
How to remove MPC cleaner manually from MAC?
- Tap on Go and Select Applications
- Identify MPC cleaner in Application.
- Right click suspicious entries and choose Move to Trash.
- At the end click on OK to validate these changes.
How to remove MPC cleaner manually from browsers and then reset their settings?
From Internet Explorer
The procedure is as given below:
- Run IE and then select Manage Add-ons in Menu
- Then Search MPC Cleaner
- Right click on it and choose Disable to disable it.
- Now Reset Homepage and search engine if changed by MPC Cleaner
- Go to Menu again and choose Internet Options
- Then Remove URL and enter your own domain name.
- And Tap OK to save changes.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove MPC Cleaner from your browser.
The procedure is as given below:
- Start Mozilla Firefox
- Then Go to Menu
- And Choose Extensions in Add-ons
- Here Choose MPC Cleaner and tap Remove
- Then Reset browser if needed.
- And Tap OK to validate changes.
From Google Chrome
- Open Chrome
- Then Choose Extensions in Tools
- Choose MPC Cleaner and then click Trash
- Then reset your browser
- Go to Menu and choose option ‘Set pages’
- Further, a new window will open on your computer. Delete suspicious sites and enter the name of your domain to set as homepage.
- Go to Menu for once more and select Settings
- Then Click on Manage Search engines, remove suspicious URL’s and leave Google as your preferred domain name.
- Then click Reset browser settings.
- Click on it again to confirm the command