How to remove Trojan.kotver!Ink virus from PC
Trojans are most dangerous and spiteful malwares. Further, once a Trojan gets into your PC it causes severe security threats and reveal your privacy. Trojan.kotver!Ink is a kind of Trojan but is more threatful because it also has attributes of a ransomware. So, remove this malware immediately. Here you can find complete removal guide for this malware. Hence, in this easy and complete guide you can learn how to remove Trojan.kotver!Ink virus from PC, automatically or manually.
What is Trojan.kotver!Ink?
Trojan.kotver!Ink is a dangerous Trojan targets the core system of Windows to complete its malicious activities. Further, once this malware enters your computer system it executes a series of commands. Trojan.kotver!Ink is a kind of malware which every user want to avoid getting his/her PC infected with. But once this malware manages to enter your computer system, it disguises as a legitimate file and it’s become tough to detect it.
Apart from having characteristics of a Trojan horse this malware also exhibits signs of a ransomware. This is because it also behaves as a file-encrypting virus. Though, this phenomenon is not unusual as ransomware possesses such characteristics. The technical specification of ransomware malware grant then such flexibility.
Further, due to the technical features of this malware most antivirus struggle to spot this malware on time before it completely extracts itself on the infected system. Moreover, depending on the antivirus this malware may be spotted as:
Trojan name detected by Antivirus program Antivirus Program Win32/Kovter.C ESET-NO Win32:Kovter-C Avast Trojan:Win32/Kovter!rfn Microsoft Ransom_.956D2004 Trend Micro Trojan.Win32.Kovter.evv Kaspersky Trojan.Kotver!Ink Symantec Trojan.GenericKD.3112101 (B) Emsisoft Trojan.GenericKD.3112101 F-Secure Trojan.Kovter Malwarebytes TR/Kovter.352313 Avira Trojan.GenericKD.3112101 BitDefender
After intrusion, this malware causes serious system damages and may crash your Windows and programs. In addition, secretly it gathers your confidential information and transfers it to hackers. Aggressively affects your system health. Users also keep on getting false system alerts and error reports which are fake and generated because of the malware.
What are the sudden effects of this malware?
Once this malware is in your computer system then its seriously messes up with your computer system and secretly steals your sensitive information. Initially, when it intrudes your computer system you it may not come up openly but after a while you start getting high alerts of having Trojan.kotver!Ink malware on your PC by the security program on your system.
In addition, your system begins underperforming and various system errors appear. Further, victims face frequent program crashes. Victims also fail to access to some websites and new files appear on the infected computer system.
This malware may covertly steal your sensitive data and send to unknown party. It may reset your browser settings and may add new add extensions in the browser.
How does it spread?
This malware is capable to disguise itself in a torrent file or games. Mostly, freeware are suspicious programs which may come embedded with malicious codes and affect your computer system after installation. So, to avoid installing such malware on your computer system you should inspect freeware installation. For this opt for custom/advance installation option and then check the components being installed on your PC.
Alternately, such malwares are also spread via botnets, other malwares and malicious email attachments which come in spam mails. Further, apart from these means you this malware also enter your PC through internet pop-ups ads and banners. Once you click on such contents this malware may attack your PC.
Remove Trojan.kotver!Ink automatically using Malwarebytes
2. Once Malwarebytes tool is downloaded on your computer then look for its setup “mbam.exe” and double click it. After clicking on the setup, it will start installing on the system. If during installation you find a prompt saying “User Account Control” then click on “Yes”.
3. Now the tool is installing on your system to complete the installation click on the Next button at every step.
4. When Malwarebytes complete the installation, it starts an automatic update. After the update is finished then click on Scan Now.
5. Once the Malwarebytes successfully completes a thorough scan of your computer system then after this it comes up with the scan results and shows all the malwares detected on your computer system. Now clean all the malwares on your computer by just clicking on Remove Selected button.
6. Finally all malicious files and registries on your computer will be cleaned.
Method No.2: Manual Method
Follow the following steps to remove Trojan.kotver!Ink manually.
To remove Trojan.kotver!Ink , you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – Trojan.kotver!Ink virus Removal Tool.
Step 1 : Uninstall suspicious software using Control Panel.
Removal Method for Trojan.kotver!Ink
- Firstly, click Start menu and then choose Settings there.
- Select System then click Apps & Features found in left pane.
- Locate Trojan.kotver!Ink and related apps in the list and click Uninstall button.
- Confirm the Uninstallation by clicking on the Uninstall option further.
- Find the Windows icon and right click on it an options Window appears.
- Now when the menu Window appear select Control Panel from it.
- Choose ‘Uninstall a program’ found below Programs and Features.
- Find Trojan.kotver!Ink related apps.
- Click Uninstall.
- Firstly, click Start further choose Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs and Features found under Uninstall a program.
- From the list find malicious programs.
- Finally click Uninstall.
- Click Start.
- Further, from the start choose Control Panel.
- Choose Add / Remove Programs.
- Find entries related to malicious programs.
- Click Remove.